Ireland is a country known for its natural beauty, rich history and culture, and charming villages. Whether you’re a local looking for a quick escape or a tourist wanting to explore more of the Emerald Isle, there are plenty of short holidays you can take to make the most of your time. Here are five of the best short getaways to take in Ireland’s stunning landscape:
- The Ring of Kerry: This scenic drive in County Kerry takes you through some of the most breathtaking landscapes in Ireland, including the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, Killarney National Park, and the Dingle Peninsula. The drive can be done in one day, but it’s best to take your time and stop at the various towns and villages along the way.
- The Burren: The Burren is a unique karst landscape in County Clare that is home to a variety of flora and fauna. The area is known for its walking trails, including the famous Burren Way, and the charming villages of Kilfenora and Ballyvaughan.
- The Cliffs of Moher: The Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland’s most iconic natural landmarks. These towering cliffs rise 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean and offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside. A visit to the cliffs can easily be combined with a trip to the nearby villages of Doolin and Liscannor.
- The Wicklow Mountains: The Wicklow Mountains, located just south of Dublin, offer a great escape from the city. The area is known for its walking and hiking trails, as well as the charming village of Glendalough.
- The Giant’s Causeway: The Giant’s Causeway is a natural wonder located in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. The site features thousands of hexagonal basalt columns, the result of ancient volcanic activity. The nearby coastal towns of Bushmills and Ballintoy are also worth a visit.
These are just a few of the many short getaways that Ireland has to offer. Whether you’re looking for natural beauty, history, or culture, you’re sure to find something that suits your interests. So pack your bags, put on your walking shoes, and explore the Emerald Isle!
Disclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.Tags: Travel