Munnar, located in the Western Ghats of Kerala, is a popular hill station known for its tea plantations, rolling hills, and picturesque landscapes. The monsoon season, which typically runs from June to September, is the perfect time to visit this beautiful destination. The heavy rainfall transforms the region into a verdant paradise, making it an ideal place to escape the heat and humidity of the plains. In this article, we will take a look at the 5 best places to visit in Munnar during the monsoon season.
- Eravikulam National Park: This national park is a haven for nature lovers, offering a chance to spot rare and endangered animals such as the Nilgiri Tahr and the Indian Giant Squirrel. The park is also home to a variety of rare plants and flowers, which bloom during the monsoon season.
- Mattupetty Dam: This picturesque dam is surrounded by lush green hills, making it an ideal spot for picnicking and boating. During the monsoon season, the dam is filled to capacity, providing a stunning backdrop for photography.
- Rajamalai: This area is home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr and offers visitors the opportunity to spot these majestic animals in their natural habitat. The monsoon season is an ideal time to visit as the rains bring out the vibrant green hues of the grasslands.
- Tea Plantations: Munnar is famous for its tea plantations, and the monsoon season is the perfect time to take a tour of the factories and learn about the tea-making process. Visitors can also take a stroll through the lush tea estates and enjoy the picturesque views.
- Anamudi Peak: This peak is the highest point in South India and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. The monsoon season is the perfect time to visit as the peak is covered in a blanket of mist, adding to the ethereal beauty of the place.
In conclusion, Munnar is a must-visit destination during the monsoon season, as it offers a unique opportunity to experience the beauty of nature in all its glory. With its rolling hills, tea plantations, and diverse wildlife, Munnar is sure to leave a lasting impression on visitors. So plan your trip to Munnar in the Monsoon season and enjoy the beauty of nature.