Incognito mode, also known as private browsing, is a feature that is available in most web browsers. It allows users to browse the internet without leaving any trace of their activity on their device. When you use incognito mode, your browsing history, search history, and temporary internet files are not saved. This can be beneficial for a number of reasons:
- Privacy: Incognito mode allows you to browse the internet without leaving any trace of your activity on your device. This can be useful if you are using a shared computer or if you are concerned about your privacy.
- Avoiding personalized search results: When you search for something in a normal browser, your search history can be used to personalize the results that you see. This can be useful, but it can also be frustrating if you are trying to get an unbiased view of the search results. In incognito mode, your search history is not saved, so you will see more neutral search results.
- Testing: Incognito mode can also be useful for testing purposes. For example, if you are a web developer, you can use incognito mode to test how a website looks to a new user.
To use incognito mode in most web browsers, you can follow these steps:
- Open your web browser.
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the window (in Chrome) or the hamburger menu in the top-right corner (in Firefox).
- Select “New Incognito Window” from the menu.
- A new window will open, and you will see a message indicating that you are in incognito mode.
While incognito mode can be useful for certain purposes, it is important to note that it does not provide complete anonymity. Your internet service provider (ISP) can still see your internet activity, and websites you visit may still be able to track your activity using cookies or other tracking technologies. Additionally, any files you download or bookmark while in incognito mode will still be saved to your device.
ENDDisclosure: Some of the links on are “affiliate links”, a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support. Tags: Browser, Internet Privacy, Technology