Cooking is a wonderful activity, but sometimes the smells from cooking can linger on clothing long after the meal is over. Whether it’s the smell of garlic, onion, or fish, these odors can be difficult to get rid of. But don’t worry, there are several ways to remove cooking smells from clothes, so you can feel fresh and clean all day long.
- Laundry Detergent: Using a laundry detergent that contains enzymes can help to break down and remove cooking smells from clothes. Look for detergents that are specifically formulated to remove food odors.
- White Vinegar: Adding a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle of your laundry can help to neutralize cooking odors. The acidity in the vinegar helps to neutralize the odors and leave clothes smelling fresh.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a natural odor absorber, and adding a half-cup of baking soda to the wash cycle of your laundry can help to remove cooking smells from clothes.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is a natural deodorizer, and adding a half-cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle of your laundry can help to remove cooking smells.
- Sun Drying: Sun-drying clothes can help to remove cooking smells as well as any other odors. The sun’s UV rays can help to neutralize odors, and the fresh air can help to dissipate any lingering smells.
- Dry Cleaning: If the smell is still persistent after trying the above methods, you may need to consider taking the clothes to a professional dry cleaner. They have specialized equipment and chemicals that can remove even the most stubborn odors.
In conclusion, cooking smells can be difficult to remove from clothes, but there are several ways to tackle the problem. From laundry detergent to natural remedies like vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice and sun-drying, there are several options to help neutralize and remove cooking smells. If you can’t remove the smell on your own, consider taking the clothes to a dry cleaner.
ENDDisclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support. Tags: Cooking, food