Cooking a turkey for Christmas dinner can be a delicious and impressive main course for your holiday meal. Here is a basic recipe to follow:
- 1 turkey (about 12-14 pounds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- Salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like (such as thyme, rosemary, or garlic)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped onion, carrot, and celery. Stuff the mixture into the cavity of the turkey.
- Sprinkle the turkey with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like.
- Cover the turkey loosely with aluminum foil and roast it in the preheated oven for about 3-3.5 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the foil from the turkey during the last 30 minutes of cooking to allow the skin to brown.
- When the turkey is done, transfer it to a carving board and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before carving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the meat easier to carve.
- Carve the turkey and serve it with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Note: The cooking time for a turkey will depend on its size. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
ENDDisclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support. Tags: food, recipes