Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help businesses gain valuable insights into their website traffic and performance. With Google Analytics, businesses can measure a wide range of metrics that can provide valuable information about their website visitors and their behavior. In this article, we will take a look at the top 11 metrics that businesses can measure with Google Analytics.
- Audience Overview: This metric provides an overall view of website traffic, including the number of visitors, their geographic location, and the devices they are using.
- Acquisition Overview: This metric shows where website visitors are coming from, including search engines, social media, and referral sites.
- Behavior Overview: This metric provides information about how visitors interact with the website, including the pages they visit, the amount of time they spend on the site, and the bounce rate.
- Conversions: This metric tracks the number of conversions on the website, such as contact form submissions or e-commerce transactions.
- E-commerce: For businesses that sell products or services online, this metric provides information about revenue, average order value, and the number of transactions.
- Goals: This metric allows businesses to set specific goals for their website, such as contact form submissions or e-commerce transactions, and track the progress towards those goals.
- Site Search: This metric tracks the terms that visitors use when searching on the website, providing valuable insights into what products or services they are looking for.
- Site Speed: This metric measures the loading time of web pages, providing information about how quickly the website is loading for visitors.
- Mobile: This metric provides information about how visitors are accessing the website, including the devices and browsers they are using.
- Demographics: This metric provides information about the age and gender of website visitors, allowing businesses to better understand their target audience.
- Custom Dimensions: This metric allows businesses to create custom dimensions to track specific information about their website visitors, such as the number of pages viewed or the number of purchases made.
In conclusion, Google Analytics is a powerful tool that provides businesses with a wealth of information about their website visitors and performance. With the ability to track a wide range of metrics, businesses can gain valuable insights that can help them improve their website and increase conversions.