County Kerry, located on the south-west coast of Ireland, is a prime tourist destination known for its stunning landscapes and rich history. From majestic mountains and tranquil lakes to charming villages and ancient ruins, there’s no shortage of breathtaking sights to see in this region. Whether you’re an avid adventurer, a history buff, or just looking for a relaxing getaway, you’ll find something to suit your interests in County Kerry.
- The Ring of Kerry: This breathtaking scenic drive takes you on a journey through some of the most picturesque landscapes in Ireland. From the rolling hills and rugged coastline to the quaint villages and stunning vistas, the Ring of Kerry is a must-see for any visitor to the region.
- Muckross House and Gardens: This 19th-century mansion is set in the heart of Killarney National Park and is surrounded by stunning gardens and landscapes. Take a tour of the house to learn about its rich history and admire the stunning architecture, then explore the lush gardens and tranquil lake.
- The Dingle Peninsula: This charming fishing village is one of the most picturesque towns in Ireland and is a must-visit for anyone traveling to County Kerry. Stroll along the harbor and watch the boats come in, visit one of the many pubs or restaurants for a bite to eat, or take a walk along the stunning coastline.
- The Gap of Dunloe: This narrow mountain pass is surrounded by towering cliffs and rolling hills, making it one of the most beautiful natural attractions in the region. Take a boat tour or a pony and trap ride through the Gap to fully appreciate its beauty.
- Skellig Michael: This remote island is home to a stunning monastic settlement that dates back to the 6th century. Visitors can take a boat tour to the island to explore the remains of the settlement and admire the breathtaking views from the top.
These are just a few of the many things to see and do in County Kerry. Whether you’re a nature lover, a history buff, or just looking for a relaxing getaway, you’re sure to find something to suit your interests in this stunning region. So why wait? Book your trip to County Kerry today and discover the beauty of Ireland’s gem!