Cooking is one of life’s pleasures, but the lingering smells that come with it can be a nuisance. The strong odors of certain foods such as fish, garlic, and onions can linger long after the meal is cooked, making it difficult to enjoy your home. However, there are several ways to get rid of cooking smells from your home, so you can enjoy the delicious aroma of your meals without the lingering odor.
- Ventilation: One of the simplest and most effective ways to get rid of cooking smells is to increase ventilation in your kitchen. This can be done by turning on a range hood or opening a window to allow fresh air to circulate. This will help to dissipate the smells and remove them from the house.
- Boiling Water: Boiling a pot of water with a few slices of lemon, orange, or other citrus fruits can help to neutralize unpleasant cooking smells. The citrus fruits release a fresh and clean aroma that can help to mask the odor.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that can help to absorb and neutralize cooking smells. Place an open box of baking soda in the kitchen or near the source of the smell, and it will help to absorb the odor over time.
- Candles: light candles or an essential oil diffuser. These can help to mask cooking smells and create a pleasant aroma in your home.
- Charcoal: Charcoal is a natural odor absorber that can help to get rid of cooking smells. You can place a small bowl of activated charcoal in the kitchen or near the source of the smell.
- Clean Regularly: Cleaning your kitchen regularly can help to prevent cooking smells from building up in the first place. Wipe down surfaces, mop the floor and clean the oven, range hood, and other appliances regularly.
In conclusion, cooking smells can be a nuisance in your home, but there are many ways to get rid of them. From increasing ventilation to using natural odor absorbers such as baking soda and charcoal, there are many options to help neutralize and remove cooking smells. Regular cleaning also helps to prevent smells from building up in the first place.
ENDDisclosure: Some of the links on are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support the VOUdeals website, and we genuinely appreciate your support. Tags: Cooking, Home